Timber flooring is perfect for the Gold Coast and Brisbane
Timber flooring is a great option for the Gold Coast and Brisbane. When you’re coming back from the beach it’s easy to brush the sand away and they won’t absorb the heat like carpet, so it can keep your home nice and cool.
Your timber flooring can last a life time if properly maintained. Whilst timber flooring is fairly easy to look after there are a do’s and don’ts to abide by in order to keep your flooring looking great.
- One very basic measure when it comes to maintaining your wooden floor boards is that prevention is better than cure. Dirt and debris can damage your wooden floorboards, but with a few strategically placed mats at the entrances, you can avoid some of the dirt coming into the home.
- Use a good quality vacuum to suck up any dirt, dust and debris from your timber flooring. Once you’ve vacuumed, go over the timber flooring with a soft microfibre mop, this will pick up anything that your vacuum missed and give your floor a thorough cleaning.
- It stands to reason that high traffic areas are going to look a little more worn than most, but by moving your furniture around regularly you can change the direction of the traffic on your timber flooring. Not sure you want to reshuffle your room all the time? Why not add some decorative rugs to busy walkways?
- Always place felt pads on your furniture, this will prevent scratches and marks as you use and move your furniture.
- On the Gold Coast we are prone to a sun damage on our timber flooring. By closing your blinds or curtains when you are out of the house not only will you decreases the sun’s effect on your timber flooring you will also keep your home nice and cool.
- Do not saturate your timber flooring with water as it can cause water damage.
- Do not use the carpet setting on your vacuum for your wooden floor boards as they can cause scratching and damage.
- Do not use waxes and cheap products on your timber flooring. Only use good quality timber flooring cleaners, preferably one that is recommended by the manufacturer.
- Do not steam clean your timber flooring, it can swell and damage.
- Don’t wear damaged heels in your home, the nail can cause significant damage.
Do enjoy your timber flooring
Whilst we have a list of do’s and don’ts, timber flooring is quite easy to maintain. Millennium Floors’ floor sanding and floor polishing can breathe new life into your old floors, however, follow our simple instructions and your timber flooring can last a lifetime. Call 0414 382 084 on the Gold Coast and 0419 126 034 in Brisbane to talk to one of our friendly consultants.